Hi parents and students,
I am sure like everyone else, you have been bombarded with news, information, stats, chatter and toilet paper shortage updates. However, with recent decisions by the government, like everyone else it appears there may be some changes and impact in the coming weeks for all of us.
As always, we are remaining positive and hopeful, but want to assure you we are doing our best to support our students, families and teachers. I encourage you to do the same and as a community – stay informed and cautious but not panicked or fearful unnecessarily.
As you can appreciate there are many businesses, educational institutions and sporting groups that are affected by the changes that you are no doubt seeing in the media.
As a result of recent announcements, we want to keep you in the loop to let you know what we are currently doing to reduce risk, what our plan is moving forward and how we can continue to provide piece of mind, consistency and joy for our students during this time.
Below are the steps we are taking to provide a safe environment for everyone who enters our studio.
- Put up posters in the foyer area demonstrating preventative measures which can be taken.
- Provide hand sanitizer in all studios and in the reception and waiting area.
- Regularly wipe down “high-touch” surfaces including barres, soft play, classroom props, kitchen, door handles and bathrooms.
- Ensure soap dispensers are always full.
- Encourage (and ask parents of younger students) to wash student’s hands before and after class.
- Educate staff on the importance of thorough hygiene whilst in class.
- Ensure teachers wash their hands or sanitise between classes.
- Have staff complete online training from Australian Health department re infection control re COVID-19.
- Remind students on the importance of hygiene and sharing drink bottles.
- Maintain contact details of parents and students should the need to contact people in case of an infection advice within our studios.
- Keep parents, students and staff informed of any COVID-2019 within our studios.
- Minimise touching in class (teacher to student and student to student) except for essential instruction and safety needs
- Encourage staff, students, parents/carers to report to us and self isolate should they have come into contact with a person with COVID19 virus, feel unwell or have returned from overseas.
Students who are unwell or showing signs of infection are asked to stay home and we will, of course, honour our make-up lesson policy which we will extend into the following term.
Any voluntary non-attendance of any venue by students will not receive a refund of class/tuition fees.
We are also actively working on:
- Planning online video training packages for dancers that cannot make it into class.
- Consideration of a virtual concert option for famlies for the mid year concert.
- Keeping our studio spaces as clean as possible.
- Staying across experts advice and government rulings.
In the event of forced closure:
If the need to temporarily close any of our studio venues occurs this will be communicated as soon as possible to all affected families/students.
These decisions are not taken lightly, and this will be made with the focus being on our students, families and staff welfare.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation closely and taking our advice from government officials and registered health professionals as to best practice.
Rest assured the welfare of our students, families and teachers is always forefront in our minds.
In the meantime, I encourage everyone to keep an eye on your inbox and on the Jigsaw Dance Facebook Page to stay up to date.
During these uncertain times, we are more thankful than ever for the huge amount of joy we bring to all our dancers we see each week. We thank you for choosing us to be a part of your child’s growth and dance journey.
Classes and class times will be continuing as usual normal and as things change, we will let you know.
Love in dance,
Miss Jen & Miss Seanan xx
(and your team at Jigsaw Dance)